So,¬†what does turmeric taste like? Turmeric has an earthy and pungent smell, whereas the flavor is a bit bitter with hints of pepper and a slight tinge of ginger. It is mostly used for its color inducing qualities than for its taste. Turmeric is also famous for its numerous healing benefits and has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries.
How To Cook Using Turmeric Powder?
Turmeric powder has several culinary uses where it is widely used in drinks, curries, stews, and whatnot. Let's look at some of the different ways you can use turmeric powder in your cooking:
- Smoothies: Turmeric powder¬†is a super hit in smoothies. Simply add a teaspoon for the perfect turmeric taste. Also, add coconut oil to get the most benefits out of the turmeric.
- Rice:¬†You can add luxury to any rice dish by adding half a teaspoon of turmeric to the water used to cook the rice.
- Soups:¬†¬†Turmeric gives the perfect golden color to any soup that it is added to.
Curries:¬†Turmeric powder¬†is a staple ingredient in curries owing to the warm color and flavor it imparts in the dish. When saut√©ing vegetables and meats, add in a teaspoon of turmeric.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric Powder
- Soothes inflammation:¬†Turmeric contains curcumin, which is famous for relieving inflammation.
- Turmeric milk:¬†Due to its healing properties,¬†turmeric milk¬†has been used for centuries to internally heal the body. Simply boil some milk, add 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric and drink it to cure any injuries.
- Healthy skin:¬†Owing to its antimicrobial and antioxidant qualities, turmeric is an effective remedy for skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Antioxidants:¬†The antioxidants present in turmeric help protect the body against the harmful effects of free radicals.
So,¬†where to buy turmeric powder?
Add Turmeric Powder To Your Spice Cabinet
This famous golden spice is a must-have in every pantry. If you are searching for the purest and¬†best turmeric powder, you can get it from us and make your meals healthy and flavorsome.