Preserved lemons are used to add salt, tang, brightness to any dish. The addition of saffron adds color and aroma to any dish.
Reciepie: Saffron preserved lemons
- Coarse salt (sea salt)
- A clean jar
- Olive oil or water
- A pinch of saffron
- Wash lemons and slice into wedges or circles and sprinkle well with salt.
- Place some slices in a jar; add a couple of saffron thread, another layer of salted lemon, saffron
- and lemon until the jar is almost filled up. Add the water or oil and cover tightly.
- Let it sit in a warm dark corner for three weeks to allow the flavor marry together.
- it will keep for months in the refrigerator. This is used to add a burst of freshness and color to any dish.
Saffron goes very well with lamb dishes and I love Indian foods. A favorite recipe is